Monday, February 9, 2009

Proud

It's all in the little things right?! Well, I didn't sink into the depths of hell after getting a facebook account like I thought I would. I thought I would for sure have blisters on my fingers from typing and have grown into my chair by now, but I have done well. Actually great. The first day was crazy with all the emails and friends. It was fun though. People I have talked to or thought about in years and years and some I had wondered about and missed for years and years.

I still don't really know what a lot of it is all about. But, that's OK. I don't know what throwing beads means, how to get married, or any of that stuff. One day I will figure it all out.

But, I was very proud of myself. If I had signed up a few months ago. OH MAN! That would have been bad news.



But now on to the big news to be proud of....

Trey's club opened Thursday. His parents came in town, so of course the kids were so excited to see them.

It was a whirlwind of a weekend. They got in town. We played a few minutes. Got dressed and went to eat. The ribbon cutting was @ 6. We were hustling up there. We had to wait outside for the doors to be opened. It was a short line, about 75 people. Not too bad.

As, we were standing there I had such butterflies. This was 11 years in the making. We have struggling for so long. I thought about all the hard times, all the jobs Trey has had, all he days he didn't even eat a lunch, all the times he was so ready for more, all the sacrifices he has made and we have made as a family through the years. I thought about all the tears, the fears, the fights, the struggles.

I also, thought about all the laughter, the births, the baptisms, the joys, the little moments that make the days worthwhile. All the changes. Time.

I had so many emotions welling up inside me.

They finally opened the doors and by this time there was a pretty big crowd formed. It was amazing. The staff was so loud that my buffer shut my camcorder off!

My eyes found Trey's and filled with tears, as did his. I walked quickly over to Trey ( i wanted to just run so hard and jump into his arms, but I was trying to keep some composure, for his sake. Not mine. You know I would have done it and not even cared!!) and I burst into tears -he did too. I didn't go into the "ugly cry" but close...

Logan said, "Mommy, it's all been worth it now!" I think it was such a visual realization for the kids and for me too, but I think it helped them understand more why he works so hard.

It was a great night. The club looked great and there were tons of people. The crowd just kept growing. Turns out, they were expecting about 1000. There were 4600!

I have been so overwhelmed by His blessings. It is such a strange feeling to be moving into a different phase of life. See, Satan's biggest stronghold has been our finances and now that is about to change. I am eagerly anticipating the changes and growth and to see where God takes us through all of this.

I am so proud of Trey. There is so much more to come...

No comments: