Sunday, February 15, 2009

Powerful..

11 years ago I had a choice to make.
I was unmarried, scared, unsure about the future and lost.
I took a test one day that I passed with flying colors. Two blue lines
showed my grade. Pregnant.
I was terrified. Trey was right beside me . He had choices to make too.
We just smiled. There was excitement and terror in the room
all at the same time. We just knew everything was about to change.
There were phone calls to make. Disappointments in our parents voices to hear.
Their dreams and ours were changed in an instant.
Truth be told, there were no choices.
Just one.
Life.
I have known several friends, dear friends, who have chosen different.
They still bear the scars of that choice to this day.
It's an indescribable pain.
I held their hand and wiped their tears through their choice.

I am forever changed for my choice.
My life went from black and white to color the day that life was born.
And yes, I hear the "yeah, but you had Trey." "Yeah, but you had family."
"yeah, but you don't understand...."
Your right. I don't
And I didn't have all that.
Trey and I were so far from committed to each other.
My family was so far away.
I had nothing.
But
God had better plans than any excuse.

I am not better than anyone.
I just took a different path.
The laws are changing to make that other path more accessible. Please watch and pray for the
ones that don't have a voice. take the time to read this post


I think about that day often.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: