Friday, February 20, 2009

I told ME so....

I knew , what I knew, what I knew...then I did it anyway.
Facebook.
I told myself I was doing good and could handle it, but no, I couldn't and can't. I knew the truth, my truth, but listened to the seduction anyway.
For me, surface isn't good enough. I felt like it was all surface relationship stuff. I just don't process that well. I am not good at just little chit-chat things. I am deep! What I mean is, I just relate better within deep relationships. I am steadier with that kind of relationship.

Anything can become a stronghold. Movies, TV, sex, money, food, facebook, relationships, people, worrying, fear, anything. It's all different for all people and this was becoming one of mine(of many). It was in my way. IN my way of focusing on what the Lord was trying to say and do in my life. It was my way of not sitting still long enough to listen.
I was substituting my lack of friendships and fellowship here in Houston with FB. A verse jumped out at me this week and I have it everywhere.

2 Corinthians 10:5
We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ.

SO, I have to set it aside.
Refocus on what He is doing.
I feel better. ahhh!
Who knows, there may come a time when it is OK for me.
It's kind of like food. Food in it self is fine. Bite here, bite there, fine. Overindulge causes big problems. For most people food is just meal. For others in consumes their life.

Isn't it interesting, what someone can just do casually without distraction, causes another to stumble. I look at other people and often wonder,"Why can't i just do that?" or "I could never have that in my life." But for them it's just there.
It really blows my mind how God knows every area to the smallest detail, even something as stupid as FB, that he wants to work on us. He knows every stronghold from the biggest to the smallest. And so does Satan! It's all so individualized. So personal. So deep.
It's so powerful, to be able to learn and grow from what hold us back. I stand in awe today and humbled.

We will see what I trip over next week!!! (wink)

No comments: