Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Merry Christmas Eve!

-Today is a hard day for me. It is 11 years that my Dad past away. I cried last night not wanting to go to sleep because every time I open my eyes on this morning, I still see my grandmother standing over me telling me,"He's gone." It's a hard morning.

It haunted me for years. I was an agonizing memory. Christmas was not happy or merry for me.

Then six year ago that all changed. It was in February 2002 I fell on my knees and Believed. The tears fell and the spirit flooded in, to forever change my heart.

I am so grateful. Forever changed and forever His.

So now, I still have the vision and the memory but it's only for a moment. Now, I hear my kids laughing. I see their smiles. I tell them why we have Christmas. A baby changes everything. http://www.faithhillchristmas.com/

For so long the man I focused on in my life was my Dad. You see God gave me a gift. He changed my focus. I now focus on my Lord. I fail Him everyday. I love Him everyday. I desperately need Him everyday.

I chose to believe my life could be more. I chose to believe in what I could see, but knew I was missing something.

Its well said here http://thebigmamablog.com/index.php/2008/12/24/the-eve-of-christmas/

Oh Holy Night....

No comments: